General Discussions
Voice modem recommendations

I'm new to VT Scada, Scada in general.
We are currently migrating off a older machine that is using a PCI Dialogic for a voice modem.

Our new machine only has PCI express slots so I'm looking for a replacement that fits the new machine whether it be PCIe or USB.
We only have 1 phone line strictly for alerts.
I saw that US Robotics and others like TP-Link list in there specs that they support voice but I'd rather not order something only to find out it doesn't work so I thought I'd ask.

What does the community recommend for a voice modem for call alerts?

I'm new to VT Scada, Scada in general. We are currently migrating off a older machine that is using a PCI Dialogic for a voice modem. Our new machine only has PCI express slots so I'm looking for a replacement that fits the new machine whether it be PCIe or USB. We only have 1 phone line strictly for alerts. I saw that US Robotics and others like TP-Link list in there specs that they support voice but I'd rather not order something only to find out it doesn't work so I thought I'd ask. What does the community recommend for a voice modem for call alerts?

Hi! This is a link to an article on this forum that provides advice for choosing modems that includes some recommendations.

https://forum.trihedral.com/index.php?u=/topic/93/How%20do%20I%20choose%20a%20voice%20modem%20for%20my%20VTScada%20system?

Hi! This is a link to an article on this forum that provides advice for choosing modems that includes some recommendations. https://forum.trihedral.com/index.php?u=/topic/93/How%20do%20I%20choose%20a%20voice%20modem%20for%20my%20VTScada%20system?

Yea, already found that and we ended up ordering the Multitech MT9234MU-CDC-XR but it seems even without the NV it does not support voice and according to that article there are some bugs in the Robotics modem so I was hoping for a better more stable option.

Yea, already found that and we ended up ordering the Multitech MT9234MU-CDC-XR but it seems even without the NV it does not support voice and according to that article there are some bugs in the Robotics modem so I was hoping for a better more stable option.

Viss, the MT9234MU-CDC-XR is the only USB modem readily available with Windows 10 drivers (you have to use the Windows 8.1 drivers I think) that works correctly most of the time. It does support voice. The US Robotics supports voice as well, but seems to break much more often.

Viss, the MT9234MU-CDC-XR is the only USB modem readily available with Windows 10 drivers (you have to use the Windows 8.1 drivers I think) that works correctly most of the time. It does support voice. The US Robotics supports voice as well, but seems to break much more often.
edited Feb 26 at 4:36 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft