Support Forums
VTSCADA light and free remote access

Dear Dave, Thanks.

1. Do you mean thru realm we can authenticate other users from same network? if yes then please forward the link to install odbc driver again, the one you sent is not working.

2. As I know ODBC is to link with third party like xlreporter.

but is it possible to run the application it self from the remote laptop? How, is it thru OPC client and server configuration? is it featured with VTscada light?

Regards

Dear Dave, Thanks. 1. Do you mean thru realm we can authenticate other users from same network? if yes then please forward the link to install odbc driver again, the one you sent is not working. 2. As I know ODBC is to link with third party like xlreporter. but is it possible to run the application it self from the remote laptop? How, is it thru OPC client and server configuration? is it featured with VTscada light? Regards

Hussian,

I'll try to clarify my comments.

You can connect VTScadaLIGHT to view a running application itself (as if it is running on your computer) or to connect to the server via ODBC. The only limitation of VTScadaLIGHT here is that you can only connect through a local address (ie. 'Server1' or '192.168.2.100'smile. You can't use something like https://vts.trihedral.com/waterdemo/ (Though you can do this in the full version of VTScada. Click the link to try it and use User: demo Password: demo).

The link to the ODBC downloads are here: ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/ note you may have to copy this into your browser as FTP links don't always seem to work.

Hussian, I'll try to clarify my comments. You can connect VTScadaLIGHT to view a running application itself (as if it is running on your computer) or to connect to the server via ODBC. The only limitation of VTScadaLIGHT here is that you can only connect through a local address (ie. 'Server1' or '192.168.2.100'). You can't use something like https://vts.trihedral.com/waterdemo/ (Though you can do this in the full version of VTScada. Click the link to try it and use User: demo Password: demo). The link to the ODBC downloads are here: ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/ note you may have to copy this into your browser as FTP links don't always seem to work.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft