Support Forums
Problems with Modbus/TCP communication

Hello,
I'm using VTScada Light for a POC (proof of concept) in my customer. The application works well for a fell minutes, but after this it lose the communication and doens't update the registers values. Is there anything to do to solve this problem?

Hello, I'm using VTScada Light for a POC (proof of concept) in my customer. The application works well for a fell minutes, but after this it lose the communication and doens't update the registers values. Is there anything to do to solve this problem?

That is curious. Are you able to still connect to the device through command prompt or are you seeing any error codes on the port or driver?

That is curious. Are you able to still connect to the device through command prompt or are you seeing any error codes on the port or driver?

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I can see the values ​​changing through a device software, also using Modbus / TCP to communicate with it. But after a while the values ​​in VTScada stop updating. In the device software is possible to see this values updating. Is it possible to send the changeset file to check if there is any problem?

I can see the values ​​changing through a device software, also using Modbus / TCP to communicate with it. But after a while the values ​​in VTScada stop updating. In the device software is possible to see this values updating. Is it possible to send the changeset file to check if there is any problem?

There should be nothing extra do do. Modbus usually works well with the default settings, other than the TCP port on the TCP tag. What is the device? Is it hardwired? Going through a radio network? Some type of converter?

If the changeset is small, you can send me one to support@trihedral.com. It would be helful if you could send a wireshark capture as well please.

There should be nothing extra do do. Modbus usually works well with the default settings, other than the TCP port on the TCP tag. What is the device? Is it hardwired? Going through a radio network? Some type of converter? If the changeset is small, you can send me one to support@trihedral.com. It would be helful if you could send a wireshark capture as well please.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft