Support Forums
Table of data showing standard child tag data for many parent tag sites

Question: I have a set of oil batteries, each of which has a standard set of values representing the pump and tank information. I would like to represent this information in a summary table with one row of data for each battery. We area adding new batteries on an ongoing bases and would like the table to be automatically updated with data from these new batteries.

Question: I have a set of oil batteries, each of which has a standard set of values representing the pump and tank information. I would like to represent this information in a summary table with one row of data for each battery. We area adding new batteries on an ongoing bases and would like the table to be automatically updated with data from these new batteries.

Answer: First create a Parent/Child tag structure representing a standard oil battery. The Parent tag will typically be of type Context tag and its Child tags will be I/O tags, totalizers, alarms, calculations and other information associated with the oil battery. Note that the process that follows depends upon consistency in tag naming.

Next, create a new Tag Widget for a Context tag type. Select your oil battery Parent tag as the Drawn Context. Build the new Tag Widget in the shape of a row, using standard Widgets and using Linked Tag Properties to indirectly connect these Widgets to the Parent tag's attributes (i.e. Tag Name, Area) and/or Child tags (Casing Pressure, Tubing Pressure) as required. Your completed Tag Widget can now be used to represent the data for a typical oil battery, such as Well Name, Casing Pressure, Tubing Pressure, Tank 1 Level, Tank 2 Level, etc.

Once the new Tag Widget is completed, draw a standard TagList Widget on your display page and select the new Tag Widget to display as your row. In the example above, this will automatically select Context tag as the Parent tag type for which to show data. The filtering and sorting tab of the TagList Widget can help limit which Context tags' data is shown.

Answer: First create a Parent/Child tag structure representing a standard oil battery. The Parent tag will typically be of type Context tag and its Child tags will be I/O tags, totalizers, alarms, calculations and other information associated with the oil battery. Note that the process that follows depends upon consistency in tag naming. Next, create a new Tag Widget for a Context tag type. Select your oil battery Parent tag as the Drawn Context. Build the new Tag Widget in the shape of a row, using standard Widgets and using Linked Tag Properties to indirectly connect these Widgets to the Parent tag's attributes (i.e. Tag Name, Area) and/or Child tags (Casing Pressure, Tubing Pressure) as required. Your completed Tag Widget can now be used to represent the data for a typical oil battery, such as Well Name, Casing Pressure, Tubing Pressure, Tank 1 Level, Tank 2 Level, etc. Once the new Tag Widget is completed, draw a standard TagList Widget on your display page and select the new Tag Widget to display as your row. In the example above, this will automatically select Context tag as the Parent tag type for which to show data. The filtering and sorting tab of the TagList Widget can help limit which Context tags' data is shown.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft