Support Forums
ModBus Communication issue

Good Day Support Team,

Few months ago i built an application running with ModBus communication. On the laptop i made it, it works like a charm.

Then i've installed VTScada on another laptop, and import the project that was on my persoanl laptop on this new one.

i set up the fixed IP address as suppose to be, but i have no communication at all. I can PING the IP of the PLC, so it means that the laptop can see the local network device, but there is no communication between the PLC and VTSCADA.

Where i am doing wrong ?

Good Day Support Team, Few months ago i built an application running with ModBus communication. On the laptop i made it, it works like a charm. Then i've installed VTScada on another laptop, and import the project that was on my persoanl laptop on this new one. i set up the fixed IP address as suppose to be, but i have no communication at all. I can PING the IP of the PLC, so it means that the laptop can see the local network device, but there is no communication between the PLC and VTSCADA. Where i am doing wrong ?

Check the Server List in Application Configuration. Do you have the old laptop name in there and not the new one?

Check the Server List in Application Configuration. Do you have the old laptop name in there and not the new one?

Doug Spurrell

...Sometimes you are so focused on complex things and you completely forgot, that there is always a simple solution smile. It was exactly that,i forgot to change the computer name. Mr. Dougs, thanks a lot for your prompt help.

...Sometimes you are so focused on complex things and you completely forgot, that there is always a simple solution :). It was exactly that,i forgot to change the computer name. Mr. Dougs, thanks a lot for your prompt help.
edited Jul 3 '19 at 3:19 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft