Support Forums
ROC Address Assist

I am trying to map an I/O tag to an Emerson FB107 but can not figure out the address assist Logical Number. It does not seem to match up with the TLP number. 5d5428e188d4b

I am trying to map an I/O tag to an Emerson FB107 but can not figure out the address assist Logical Number. It does not seem to match up with the TLP number. ![5d5428e188d4b](serve/attachment&path=5d5428e188d4b)

I'm not familiar with the ROC address assist so I can't point you directly towards a solution. I can, however, suggest you try the below link to the VTScada help files on this topic (Press F1 with the ROC address assist window open to get to the same place in VTScada):
https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_ROC_Addressing.htm

I'm not familiar with the ROC address assist so I can't point you directly towards a solution. I can, however, suggest you try the below link to the VTScada help files on this topic (Press F1 with the ROC address assist window open to get to the same place in VTScada): https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_ROC_Addressing.htm

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

The Logical number is the “L” in the TLP, i.e. the middle number in a ROC address. So if the TLP is 43:1:10 then the logical number is 10.

Also note - until the Logical Number edit field loses focus (e.g. you press enter or you click somewhere else) the next droplist won’t appear. Maybe that’s what their issue is?

The Logical number is the “L” in the TLP, i.e. the middle number in a ROC address. So if the TLP is 43:1:10 then the logical number is 10. Also note - until the Logical Number edit field loses focus (e.g. you press enter or you click somewhere else) the next droplist won’t appear. Maybe that’s what their issue is?

Doug Spurrell

Dougs / Dave - VT SCADA. Thank you. I was overthinking it and trying to enter the entire TLP under the logical number.

Dougs / Dave - VT SCADA. Thank you. I was overthinking it and trying to enter the entire TLP under the logical number.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft