General Discussions
2nd Set of Alarm Notifications

I've set up a system for a customer that includes alarm notifications on Priority 1 Alarms. They would like a 2nd set of text message notifications for a smaller subset of alarms for the C-Suite - they just want to receive a text message only if one of their assets stops running. Is there a way to implement this?

Currently I think that there may be two ways that might work:

1. Create a whole new application and just pull in the tags they want a notification on?
  2. Create a layer on top of the current application and change the alarm priorities in the new layer. My understanding is that this would not affect the alarm priorities in the "Main" application layer, correct?

I'll start testing but if anyone can provide any guidance or advice, that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

I've set up a system for a customer that includes alarm notifications on Priority 1 Alarms. They would like a 2nd set of text message notifications for a smaller subset of alarms for the C-Suite - they just want to receive a text message only if one of their assets stops running. Is there a way to implement this? Currently I think that there may be two ways that might work: 1. Create a whole new application and just pull in the tags they want a notification on? 2. Create a layer on top of the current application and change the alarm priorities in the new layer. My understanding is that this would not affect the alarm priorities in the "Main" application layer, correct? I'll start testing but if anyone can provide any guidance or advice, that'd be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Roster tags can be placed within the tag tree (typically as a child to a context tag) and then the tags which are inside of that context tag will use the roster list for that context tag. Therefore doing what you are looking for shouldn't bee too difficult.

Roster tags can be placed within the tag tree (typically as a child to a context tag) and then the tags which are inside of that context tag will use the roster list for that context tag. Therefore doing what you are looking for shouldn't bee too difficult.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks Dave! I may have to do some tag restructuring but that should work. Much appreciated!

Thanks Dave! I may have to do some tag restructuring but that should work. Much appreciated!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft