Support Forums
DH+ driver setup

I am working on a project where I need to setup communication between VTSCADA and an Allen Bradley SLC504 using a DH+ to EtherNet/IP Gateway (Prosoft AN-X2-AB-DHRIO). I am lost on how to set this up with the drivers and ports.

I am working on a project where I need to setup communication between VTSCADA and an Allen Bradley SLC504 using a DH+ to EtherNet/IP Gateway (Prosoft AN-X2-AB-DHRIO). I am lost on how to set this up with the drivers and ports.

OPC Servers may work with this gateway, but in order to work they must support operating through a ControlLogix hardware gateway:

OPC Servers may work with this gateway, but in order to work they must support operating through a ControlLogix hardware gateway:

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

Our recommended solution for Ethernet to DH+ communication is the Equustek DL4500. Have a look here: https://www.equustek.com/dl4500-edh-ethernet-tcp-ip-to-a-bs-dh-gateway/

Most other gateway devices, including the Prosoft offerings, use EIP protocol which our DF1/PCCC driver doesn't support.

Our recommended solution for Ethernet to DH+ communication is the Equustek DL4500. Have a look here: https://www.equustek.com/dl4500-edh-ethernet-tcp-ip-to-a-bs-dh-gateway/ Most other gateway devices, including the Prosoft offerings, use EIP protocol which our DF1/PCCC driver doesn't support.

Lawrence MacNeil
Trihedral Engineering Limited

edited Dec 19 '19 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. Contacted technical support a few weeks back about this and that is what they recommended.

Already purchased and installed. Easy to setup and install. Communicating with VTScada with no issues.

Thanks for the reply. Contacted technical support a few weeks back about this and that is what they recommended. Already purchased and installed. Easy to setup and install. Communicating with VTScada with no issues.

Lawrence MacNeil, good day sir.

Sir, what about the ANC-100e or the ANC-120e from Automation Networks?

They work with PCCC.

Is there a guide where i can follow steps on how to configure the communication between a SLC5/04 and the VTScada software?

This is the first time i run this software and i dont know where to begin. I searched in Youtube and also in the Help section of the program, but still dont know how to do and check for a succesful communication between the VTScada and the SLC5/04 using the ANCs.

Lawrence MacNeil, good day sir. Sir, what about the ANC-100e or the ANC-120e from Automation Networks? They work with PCCC. Is there a guide where i can follow steps on how to configure the communication between a SLC5/04 and the VTScada software? This is the first time i run this software and i dont know where to begin. I searched in Youtube and also in the Help section of the program, but still dont know how to do and check for a succesful communication between the VTScada and the SLC5/04 using the ANCs.

Hi VTScada Support.

I have two questions,

1. I have an Ethernet/IP to Data Highway Plus Converter it is ANC-100e (https://automation-networks.com/automation-networks-anc-100e-2).

It works as a controllogix gateway with a 1756 ENET and a 1756 DHRIO.

Can we work with your software? We use PCCC not CIP.

And if there is a way can you tell me how or where to look for a guide or manual?

I am trying to communicate VTScada with a SLC5/04.

1. One of your support members said: most other gateway devices, including the Prosoft offerings, use EIP protocol which our DF1/PCCC driver doesn't support.

So if our device also uses EIP protocol, is there other way around? Like using an OPC Server? and if yes whats steps should i take?

This is the first time i use your VTScada software.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi VTScada Support. I have two questions, 1. I have an Ethernet/IP to Data Highway Plus Converter it is ANC-100e (https://automation-networks.com/automation-networks-anc-100e-2). It works as a controllogix gateway with a 1756 ENET and a 1756 DHRIO. Can we work with your software? We use PCCC not CIP. And if there is a way can you tell me how or where to look for a guide or manual? I am trying to communicate VTScada with a SLC5/04. 2. One of your support members said: most other gateway devices, including the Prosoft offerings, use EIP protocol which our DF1/PCCC driver doesn't support. So if our device also uses EIP protocol, is there other way around? Like using an OPC Server? and if yes whats steps should i take? This is the first time i use your VTScada software. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft