General Discussions
Four Position Switch

I have a 4 position switch in the PLC
I need a 4 position switch to write to the PLC from Trihedral ver 12
so that it is not maintained and will match the one in the PLC

I assume I need a widget to provide an analog out to write a analog value to the PLC but I am not sure how to do it.

Can anyone help me here?

I have a 4 position switch in the PLC I need a 4 position switch to write to the PLC from Trihedral ver 12 so that it is not maintained and will match the one in the PLC I assume I need a widget to provide an analog out to write a analog value to the PLC but I am not sure how to do it. Can anyone help me here?

I would use an IO and Calculations tag in Discrete mode linked to a Droplist Control widget.

I would build so it only uses 1 IO Address mapped 0-3 (unless a protocol like DNP3) and use the same IO address in the read and write address field.

I would use an IO and Calculations tag in Discrete mode linked to a Droplist Control widget. I would build so it only uses 1 IO Address mapped 0-3 (unless a protocol like DNP3) and use the same IO address in the read and write address field.
edited Dec 10 '19 at 11:19 pm

A discrete I/O tag can have two discrete addresses (to give four states 00 01 10 11) and there are four position state Widgets and Toggle Switches which should work well for this case.

Let us know if this answers your question.

A discrete I/O tag can have two discrete addresses (to give four states 00 01 10 11) and there are four position state Widgets and Toggle Switches which should work well for this case. Let us know if this answers your question.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft