Support Forums
Sync Multiple computers

We have 4 computers on the same network at a single location, none of them have internet access and the times on the computers will tend to float away from each other. Is there a way to sync all 4 using VTScada somehow? Basically just need to have one common time across all stations if possible.

We have 4 computers on the same network at a single location, none of them have internet access and the times on the computers will tend to float away from each other. Is there a way to sync all 4 using VTScada somehow? Basically just need to have one common time across all stations if possible.

I think you'll want to set up one of these computers to be the NTP time server and then point the others to this rather than using the default internet time servers. You can probably get started here: https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/creating-standalone-ntp-server-windows/

Alternately you can purchase an alternate piece of equipment to handle this service though it likely is not necessary for you.

I believe VTScada also has some built-in settings to force timings to be associated with one machine however I am not sure if this will prevent any network issues which may arise by having the clocks out of sync. I know this is a common issue on ships and that our eng group typically points to a special timer server on the ship's LAN.

I hope that helps.

I think you'll want to set up one of these computers to be the NTP time server and then point the others to this rather than using the default internet time servers. You can probably get started here: https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/creating-standalone-ntp-server-windows/ Alternately you can purchase an alternate piece of equipment to handle this service though it likely is not necessary for you. I believe VTScada also has some built-in settings to force timings to be associated with one machine however I am not sure if this will prevent any network issues which may arise by having the clocks out of sync. I know this is a common issue on ships and that our eng group typically points to a special timer server on the ship's LAN. I hope that helps.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft