General Discussions
Overflow Duration Reporting

We are trying to create a report for documenting the duration a sewage lift station is overflowing on a day to day basis.

We have a calculation tag setting the overflow setpoint, and an alarm tag running the trigger of "wet well level > setpoint". Followed by a logger tag monitoring the state of the alarm tag, logging at every 60 sec.

When we run daily total reports on the logger does not result with a time count for each respective day, the spreadsheet is blank...

Is it bad tag or report configuration?

We are trying to create a report for documenting the duration a sewage lift station is overflowing on a day to day basis. We have a calculation tag setting the overflow setpoint, and an alarm tag running the trigger of "wet well level > setpoint". Followed by a logger tag monitoring the state of the alarm tag, logging at every 60 sec. When we run daily total reports on the logger does not result with a time count for each respective day, the spreadsheet is blank... Is it bad tag or report configuration?

Try a snapshot report to get the values at the time the report is configured for.

Try a snapshot report to get the values at the time the report is configured for.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Your solution is close to what you need. Just a few adjustments:

Instead of an Alarm tag, use a Calc tag. The expression will be the same.
Two differences: The Calc tag can be logged and it won't clutter up your alarm page. While it's possible to calculate the time that an alarm is in an active state, that's a lot more work than just logging an I/O or Calc.

The Calc tag's value will be a 1 or 0, making it effectively a digital. You could run a Pump Activity report on that. (The type will pre-load to Pump Status, but you're free to choose Calculation instead.) Or, you could create a History Statistics tag. (Which isn't logged by default since it's just pulling up logged data.)

Your solution is close to what you need. Just a few adjustments: Instead of an Alarm tag, use a Calc tag. The expression will be the same. Two differences: The Calc tag can be logged and it won't clutter up your alarm page. While it's possible to calculate the time that an alarm is in an active state, that's a lot more work than just logging an I/O or Calc. The Calc tag's value will be a 1 or 0, making it effectively a digital. You could run a Pump Activity report on that. (The type will pre-load to Pump Status, but you're free to choose Calculation instead.) Or, you could create a History Statistics tag. (Which isn't logged by default since it's just pulling up logged data.)

{edit} Thanks, I think Andrew's suggestion worked to get the condition logging. However running the report provides this result: 5e43f5d51972a

This gives the "runtime" of the overflow condition but it does not give a breakdown by day, and the Station column is defaulting to the modbus driver's description rather than the description of the respective context tag used to group each station's tags together. I think if a month was ran on the report I would have just a summation of hours for each station for the month.

The report I would like would list the complete tag description with parent tags, and provide a daily breakdown with time active for each day. So if I ran a report for one month, I would have 30 days with hour values for each day for each selected station. I have ran through all of the available reports and have not found one that would work, the detail report comes close but isn't very clear on what it is reporting for this case.

{edit} Thanks, I think Andrew's suggestion worked to get the condition logging. However running the report provides this result: ![5e43f5d51972a](serve/attachment&path=5e43f5d51972a) This gives the "runtime" of the overflow condition but it does not give a breakdown by day, and the Station column is defaulting to the modbus driver's description rather than the description of the respective context tag used to group each station's tags together. I think if a month was ran on the report I would have just a summation of hours for each station for the month. The report I would like would list the complete tag description with parent tags, and provide a daily breakdown with time active for each day. So if I ran a report for one month, I would have 30 days with hour values for each day for each selected station. I have ran through all of the available reports and have not found one that would work, the detail report comes close but isn't very clear on what it is reporting for this case.
edited Feb 12 '20 at 1:21 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft