General Discussions
Internet Client

Does VTScadaLIGHT support the Anywhere Internet Client?

The mobile client seems to work fine in a browser, but when I log into the AIC throw a web browser all I see is a white page. A logon failed notification gets logged to the System Event DB even though I know I'm using the correct credentials.

Does VTScadaLIGHT support the Anywhere Internet Client? The mobile client seems to work fine in a browser, but when I log into the AIC throw a web browser all I see is a white page. A logon failed notification gets logged to the System Event DB even though I know I'm using the correct credentials.
edited May 18 '17 at 1:50 pm

The VTScadaLIGHT license includes one concurrent Thin Client connection on any HTML5 browser.

For those who don't know about our Thin Clients, the Mobile Internet Client (MIC) is a tag-and-trend style format suited to small mobile screens. The Anywhere Client provides a full-screen desktop-like experience.

First of all, since the free version only has one Thin Client, make sure that your first connection is closed before you attempt to connect the second. Closing the browser should do it. Run the Internet Client Monitor application in the VAM to see active connections.

Other possible things to check:

1. Make sure the server list is configured correctly with the computer name of the server (at a minimum).

2. Check to make sure the port number is the same on the realm and entries in the server list.

3. And try a different port number (other than 80) as a last resort.

4. Are you testing this on the VTScada machine (a good first step) or on a different machine? If it's not on the local network you need a static external IP address that is routed back to the VTScada computer and it needs to be in the VIC server list as well.

Hope that helps!

The VTScadaLIGHT license includes one concurrent Thin Client connection on any HTML5 browser. For those who don't know about our Thin Clients, the Mobile Internet Client (MIC) is a tag-and-trend style format suited to small mobile screens. The Anywhere Client provides a full-screen desktop-like experience. First of all, since the free version only has one Thin Client, make sure that your first connection is closed before you attempt to connect the second. Closing the browser should do it. Run the Internet Client Monitor application in the VAM to see active connections. Other possible things to check: 1. Make sure the server list is configured correctly with the computer name of the server (at a minimum). 1. Check to make sure the port number is the same on the realm and entries in the server list. 1. And try a different port number (other than 80) as a last resort. 1. Are you testing this on the VTScada machine (a good first step) or on a different machine? If it's not on the local network you need a static external IP address that is routed back to the VTScada computer and it needs to be in the VIC server list as well. Hope that helps!
edited May 18 '17 at 1:50 pm

Also, make sure the user has the Internet Client Access privilege. It is not on by default, even in any of the roles. And there are a number of Internet Client privileges. This one will be at the top of the privileges under Account Control.

Also, make sure the user has the Internet Client Access privilege. It is not on by default, even in any of the roles. And there are a number of Internet Client privileges. This one will be at the top of the privileges under Account Control.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft