General Discussions
Enable/Disabled New Type tag

I have created a new Type in Context tag and created this with Create new Type. Its added in Tag list as a new Type tag. I want to enable/disable this new type tag for users.

I have added new type tag named as "MyType". I want to Enable/Disable this tag type for different users.
(Users with no permission to show this tag type are not able to visible this tag type in tag list)

How can I achieve this ?

5ef4706535755
5ef47164559e2

I have created a new Type in Context tag and created this with Create new Type. Its added in Tag list as a new Type tag. I want to enable/disable this new type tag for users. I have added new type tag named as "MyType". I want to Enable/Disable this tag type for different users. (Users with no permission to show this tag type are not able to visible this tag type in tag list) How can I achieve this ? ![5ef4706535755](serve/attachment&path=5ef4706535755) ![5ef47164559e2](serve/attachment&path=5ef47164559e2)
edited Jun 25 '20 at 10:43 am

Typically this is done where you draw the type rather than to enable or disable the type itself.

Typically this is done where you draw the type rather than to enable or disable the type itself.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

If a user has security to manage any tag type they can manage all of them.

Even without that privilege, if they have security privilege to add tags, they can add instances of that type.

You can only control user access to specific things through security on specific tags such as write permissions, or block out access to screens through page security.

If a user has security to manage any tag type they can manage all of them. Even without that privilege, if they have security privilege to add tags, they can add instances of that type. You can only control user access to specific things through security on specific tags such as write permissions, or block out access to screens through page security.

Thanks for your quick response.
So, to enable/disable (visibility) of tags type is not included in user's security.
The all tag type can be visible for all users. But if users have no privilege to add new tags then it not visible. Otherwise, if the user has the privilege to add tags then they can see all the tag types listed in the tag list.

Correct me if any wrong understood.

Thanks for your quick response. So, to enable/disable (visibility) of tags type is not included in user's security. The all tag type can be visible for all users. But if users have no privilege to add new tags then it not visible. Otherwise, if the user has the privilege to add tags then they can see all the tag types listed in the tag list. Correct me if any wrong understood.

I believe you can allow users to only view tags in a specific area which may make it possible to mask any instances of a specific tag type but not the type itself.

I believe you can allow users to only view tags in a specific area which may make it possible to mask any instances of a specific tag type but not the type itself.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft