Support Forums
Data Pulled from PLC does not make sense

I have an ultrasonic sensor with range from 40~300 [mm] outputs 4~20 [mA] to my PLC(ClickPLC). I established connection with the PLC and VTScada Light, the value pulled form PLC, is varying from -171 to 700 something with scaling set as 0~100 for both raw and processed.

I tried to pulled data from some other addresses on my PLC which are not used at all, I did get a value of zero. So I assume the connection between sensor output and VTScada is good. But why I am getting this strange value in VTScada?

Really appreciated for any help!

I have an ultrasonic sensor with range from 40~300 [mm] outputs 4~20 [mA] to my PLC(ClickPLC). I established connection with the PLC and VTScada Light, the value pulled form PLC, is varying from -171 to 700 something with scaling set as 0~100 for both raw and processed. I tried to pulled data from some other addresses on my PLC which are not used at all, I did get a value of zero. So I assume the connection between sensor output and VTScada is good. But why I am getting this strange value in VTScada? Really appreciated for any help!
edited Jul 15 '20 at 8:40 pm

Thanks for the idea. Indeed, it is because of the data type. I am using float in my PLC and by adding /float at back of Modbus address fix the problem.

Thanks!

Thanks for the idea. Indeed, it is because of the data type. I am using float in my PLC and by adding /float at back of Modbus address fix the problem. Thanks!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft