Support Forums
Cannot Pull the C Memory bit from PLC

I already created the tags for my PLC in VTScada. I am trying to pull the digital status of a device in my system. First I was using Y memory bit, the digital status can be pulled correctly, I can see a value 1 shown on the Tag when that device was on. The Y memory bit address and function code are attached.
5f19f22bc3f79

Then, I changed the Y memory to C memory bit, the device is still working well. However, after I change the Modbus address to the specific C memory bit, VTScada can no longer read the digital status of the device. There is no number appear on the value column. I attached a picture of my PLC Modbus address and function code for C memory bit below:
5f19f33baeead

The VTScada was shown nonthing, the picture was attached:
5f1f4fe3995a1

Anyone know what is the reason that I cannot pull the digital status of the C memory bit?

Really appreciate any help!

I already created the tags for my PLC in VTScada. I am trying to pull the digital status of a device in my system. First I was using Y memory bit, the digital status can be pulled correctly, I can see a value 1 shown on the Tag when that device was on. The Y memory bit address and function code are attached. ![5f19f22bc3f79](serve/attachment&path=5f19f22bc3f79) Then, I changed the Y memory to C memory bit, the device is still working well. However, after I change the Modbus address to the specific C memory bit, VTScada can no longer read the digital status of the device. There is no number appear on the value column. I attached a picture of my PLC Modbus address and function code for C memory bit below: ![5f19f33baeead](serve/attachment&path=5f19f33baeead) The VTScada was shown nonthing, the picture was attached: ![5f1f4fe3995a1](serve/attachment&path=5f1f4fe3995a1) Anyone know what is the reason that I cannot pull the digital status of the C memory bit? Really appreciate any help!
edited Jul 27 '20 at 11:06 pm

Not sure how your PLC and Software translates that "Y" and "C" codes into Modbus registers. You'd probably have better luck reaching out to the software vendor for your PLC software so you know how they translate into standard modbus register locations.

Object type             Access       Size        Address Space
Coil                  Read-write     1 bit       00001 - 09999
Discrete input        Read-only      1 bit       10001 - 19999
Input register        Read-only      16 bits     30001 - 39999
Holding register      Read-write     16 bits     40001 - 49999
Not sure how your PLC and Software translates that "Y" and "C" codes into Modbus registers. You'd probably have better luck reaching out to the software vendor for your PLC software so you know how they translate into standard modbus register locations. ```` Object type Access Size Address Space Coil Read-write 1 bit 00001 - 09999 Discrete input Read-only 1 bit 10001 - 19999 Input register Read-only 16 bits 30001 - 39999 Holding register Read-write 16 bits 40001 - 49999 ````
edited Jul 29 '20 at 5:17 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft