General Discussions
Issue deploying changset at customer site

Hello, we are frustrated about our inability to support our client with updates. They have some IT resource problems and at present the proper ports for remote desktop and VTSCAD server to server interconnect are not open. Our short term workaround is to email them changesets.

But they cannot load them!

When my client attempts to install (by executing the changeset file) he sees the error "the application has already been loaded into VTScada... remove that application from the Application MAnager first or use the Clone from Changeset option"

???

Saleint points

• We have a development license. They have a run time license.
  • last week we had their server in our office and were able to upload changes directly over the LAN. I had been led to believe that getting this working would then unlock the changeset install problem
  • we are using the create standard changset option

We reviewed the video on changeset files Trihederal posted to youtube. This is a very nice video, thank you. But also not helpful. The scenario in the video is identical to what we are trying to do and in the video everything works perfectly.

Could it be some permission setting problem on the client side? (but if so I expect a much clearer message to indicate what is going on!)

Hello, we are frustrated about our inability to support our client with updates. They have some IT resource problems and at present the proper ports for remote desktop and VTSCAD server to server interconnect are not open. Our short term workaround is to email them changesets. But they cannot load them! When my client attempts to install (by executing the changeset file) he sees the error "the application has already been loaded into VTScada... remove that application from the Application MAnager first or use the Clone from Changeset option" ??? Saleint points - We have a development license. They have a run time license. - last week we had their server in our office and were able to upload changes directly over the LAN. I had been led to believe that getting this working would then unlock the changeset install problem - we are using the create standard changset option We reviewed the video on changeset files Trihederal posted to youtube. This is a very nice video, thank you. But also not helpful. The scenario in the video is identical to what we are trying to do and in the video everything works perfectly. Could it be some permission setting problem on the client side? (but if so I expect a much clearer message to indicate what is going on!)

Hey Brian - You need a Dev license to deploy a changeset. See the following:
5f85b97b433a6

Regards,
DW

Hey Brian - You need a Dev license to deploy a changeset. See the following: ![5f85b97b433a6](serve/attachment&path=5f85b97b433a6) Regards, DW

The most common reason for this is that they may be logged in to the application using an account that does not have privileges enabling them to apply a changeset file to their application.

Please check the following from the VTScada help files for more info on this: www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSApply.htm

If this isn't the issue here; please reach out to us again and we will work with you on this.

The most common reason for this is that they may be logged in to the application using an account that does not have privileges enabling them to apply a changeset file to their application. Please check the following from the VTScada help files for more info on this: [www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSApply.htm](http://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSApply.htm "www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSApply.htm") If this isn't the issue here; please reach out to us again and we will work with you on this.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Now I am even more confused.

DanW says that the client needs a development license to deploy changeset. The attached image circled line item is for "remotely update all computers". This is not what we are trying to do. We are trying to update ONE LOCAL COMPUTER.

Then Dave says the reason is possibly account privileges. So Dave, are you then disagreeing with DanW? I will not be happy wasting time messing around with permissions if the license simply doesn't support this. (and that makes no sense because it is a run time system and if you cannot load changes then what good it is to anyone?)

Now I am even more confused. DanW says that the client needs a development license to deploy changeset. The attached image circled line item is for "remotely update all computers". This is not what we are trying to do. We are trying to update ONE LOCAL COMPUTER. Then Dave says the reason is possibly account privileges. So Dave, are you then disagreeing with DanW? I will not be happy wasting time messing around with permissions if the license simply doesn't support this. (and that makes no sense because it is a run time system and if you cannot load changes then what good it is to anyone?)

Hey Brian - You're correct. Remote Update isn't what you're trying to do so ignore what I said. I defer to Dave.

Please also remember that this is a forum. For actual technical support you probably should reach out to your local VT Distributor.

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Regards,

DanW

Hey Brian - You're correct. Remote Update isn't what you're trying to do so ignore what I said. I defer to Dave. Please also remember that this is a forum. For actual technical support you probably should reach out to your local VT Distributor. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused. Regards, DanW

Brian - Looking more closely - It almost seems like your local copy may have a different GUID than your customer which essentially makes it a different application. Your customer may be getting the error because the GUID is different but the application name is the same.

Verify that both your local and the customer application have the same GUID number. Just a guess on my part....

Regards,

DanW

Brian - Looking more closely - It almost seems like your local copy may have a different GUID than your customer which essentially makes it a different application. Your customer may be getting the error because the GUID is different but the application name is the same. Verify that both your local and the customer application have the same GUID number. Just a guess on my part.... Regards, DanW

Hi Dan, thanks very much for the replies and ideas. We will make some investigations and I'll let you know where it ended up.

Hi Dan, thanks very much for the replies and ideas. We will make some investigations and I'll let you know where it ended up.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft