General Discussions
how do I open the CIP Address Select tool?

Can anyone tell me how to launch what VTScada call the "CIP Address Select tool"?

All I can find in the help is this reference which tells me it exists but there is nothing here about how to open it.

https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_CIPAddressing.htm?Highlight=VTScada%20CIP%20Address%20Select%20tool

The help says this tool is "... found in every I/O tag that uses the CIP driver". Well, I've added a port tag a CIP driver tag and an I/O and Calculation tag. Then I've gone to my I/O and calculation tag's I/O tab and selected the CIP driver as my I/O device.

After doing that, based on the help there something should be added to my tag properties screen which will allow me to launch the "CIP Address Select Tool". There isn't, or if there is I'm not seeing it.

I've tried the same thing with a legacy digital input tag and found the same thing.

Can anyone tell me how to launch what VTScada call the "CIP Address Select tool"? All I can find in the help is this reference which tells me it exists but there is nothing here about how to open it. https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_CIPAddressing.htm?Highlight=VTScada%20CIP%20Address%20Select%20tool The help says this tool is "... found in every I/O tag that uses the CIP driver". Well, I've added a port tag a CIP driver tag and an I/O and Calculation tag. Then I've gone to my I/O and calculation tag's I/O tab and selected the CIP driver as my I/O device. After doing that, based on the help there something should be added to my tag properties screen which will allow me to launch the "CIP Address Select Tool". There isn't, or if there is I'm not seeing it. I've tried the same thing with a legacy digital input tag and found the same thing.

@mike_yung

If everything is connected correctly (Port -> Driver -> Tag) then you should see the '...' in like the following in the I/O and Calculation Tag:
60462d9e356f5

While this works for a single tag, it's worth noting that there is also an import button to create tags in bulk by mirroring the PLC tags. For that, click the CIP (Soon to be the Rockwell Driver) driver in the tag browser and look for the Import button to become clickable. See Below:
60462e17ce32c

@mike_yung If everything is connected correctly (Port -> Driver -> Tag) then you should see the '...' in like the following in the I/O and Calculation Tag: ![60462d9e356f5](serve/attachment&path=60462d9e356f5) While this works for a single tag, it's worth noting that there is also an import button to create tags in bulk by mirroring the PLC tags. For that, click the CIP (Soon to be the Rockwell Driver) driver in the tag browser and look for the Import button to become clickable. See Below: ![60462e17ce32c](serve/attachment&path=60462e17ce32c)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Mar 8 '21 at 2:05 pm

Thanks Dave. I had something wrong in my CIP driver tag. As soon as I fixed that those three dots appeared. Thanks for letting me know about the import feature as well.

Thanks Dave. I had something wrong in my CIP driver tag. As soon as I fixed that those three dots appeared. Thanks for letting me know about the import feature as well.
edited Mar 8 '21 at 6:59 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft