Support Forums
Modbus Read sections in many groups

HI

I have designed a Tag group, there are about 50 tags and a modbus driver, a serial(TCP/IP) port in the group, each tag mapping to a same table to the real device.

After I copy tag groups and set different station ID,
When I connect to one device, all tags read values in one second,
when I connect to two device, some tags read values in one second, but some tags read values in two seconds.
when I connect to three or four device, some tags read values in one second, but some tags read values in four seconds, even 8 seconds.

I have setup the properties : ModiconVTSMaxBlock as 120, ModiconDigitalMaxBlockSize as 2000.

How do I increase the performance of read modbus device ?
(I have try using modscan to read those modbus device, every section about 100 address can be read in 300ms. )

HI I have designed a Tag group, there are about 50 tags and a modbus driver, a serial(TCP/IP) port in the group, each tag mapping to a same table to the real device. After I copy tag groups and set different station ID, When I connect to one device, all tags read values in one second, when I connect to two device, some tags read values in one second, but some tags read values in two seconds. when I connect to three or four device, some tags read values in one second, but some tags read values in four seconds, even 8 seconds. I have setup the properties : ModiconVTSMaxBlock as 120, ModiconDigitalMaxBlockSize as 2000. How do I increase the performance of read modbus device ? (I have try using modscan to read those modbus device, every section about 100 address can be read in 300ms. )

The scan rate is set by the "Scan Interval" parameter of the tags and the driver will not go any faster than this interval.

Try setting this parameter to a very small value, e.g. 0.001, for all the Modbus tags.

The scan rate is set by the "Scan Interval" parameter of the tags and the driver will not go any faster than this interval. Try setting this parameter to a very small value, e.g. 0.001, for all the Modbus tags.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft