General Discussions
Master / Subordinate App - Navigation

Hi Guys,

We are working to implement the master / subordinate configuration for a system we're working on. The system has been running for a couple of years now, but we're starting to add some remote locations, each of which will have their own smaller VTScada license and server. We have done this before using Tag Area Filtering but the VTScada help now suggests using a master application with subordinates.

We have everything working in this configuration, except for the navigation between the master application, and the subordinate. My understanding is that there is no way for a page in the subordinate application to link back to a page in the master application. This means that when a user browsing in the master application, which is where most of the pages reside, and then navigates to a page in the subordinate, the only way for them to get back to the pages in the master application is by navigating via the built in menu in the bottom left, or by using the navigation back button in the top left. Currently all of our application navigation happens via navigation links, embedded on the pages, or via a custom popup navigation window.

I realize that this is the way the product is designed, but I'm looking for ideas from others who are using this setup. How have you made this work or do the end users just deal with it?

Hi Guys, We are working to implement the master / subordinate configuration for a system we're working on. The system has been running for a couple of years now, but we're starting to add some remote locations, each of which will have their own smaller VTScada license and server. We have done this before using Tag Area Filtering but the VTScada help now suggests using a master application with subordinates. We have everything working in this configuration, except for the navigation between the master application, and the subordinate. My understanding is that there is no way for a page in the subordinate application to link back to a page in the master application. This means that when a user browsing in the master application, which is where most of the pages reside, and then navigates to a page in the subordinate, the only way for them to get back to the pages in the master application is by navigating via the built in menu in the bottom left, or by using the navigation back button in the top left. Currently all of our application navigation happens via navigation links, embedded on the pages, or via a custom popup navigation window. I realize that this is the way the product is designed, but I'm looking for ideas from others who are using this setup. How have you made this work or do the end users just deal with it?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft