Support Forums
Read IP address of the Module

Hello all,

I want to read the Module IP address and show that in screen under each Module Image. All I got is TCPIP port's status value but not IP address.

How can I read the IP address from the TCP port and show that in the screen for the concerned module.

Note: Do not want to add manually. It will be customizable and may be changed in future. So as per change should also reflect in the screen of the updated/changed IP address.**

Hello all, I want to read the Module IP address and show that in screen under each Module Image. All I got is TCPIP port's status value but not IP address. How can I read the IP address from the TCP port and show that in the screen for the concerned module. Note: Do not want to add manually. It will be customizable and may be changed in future. So as per change should also reflect in the screen of the updated/changed IP address.****

Great Question and the answer is also really simple. Just create an expression either in a text box on a page or in an IO tag in String Calc mode with your tag name backslash Address.

Here is an example of a tag using the absolute tag name which would be suitable for drawing on an application page: [<Liftstations\MC_LS_N_01\TCPPort>]\Address

You can learn to find all of the properties for any tag by reading the help files here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseTagProperties.htm?tocpath=Scripting%7CExpressions%7C_____8

Great Question and the answer is also really simple. Just create an expression either in a text box on a page or in an IO tag in String Calc mode with your tag name backslash Address. Here is an example of a tag using the absolute tag name which would be suitable for drawing on an application page: [&lt;Liftstations\MC_LS_N_01\TCPPort&gt;]\Address You can learn to find all of the properties for any tag by reading the help files here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseTagProperties.htm?tocpath=Scripting%7CExpressions%7C_____8

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft