Support Forums
VTScada Anywhere login pages not scaling right

I have a site Operator that primarily used the VTScada Anywhere web login to view a site. When viewing the site the pages are too large for the window. Right now they have to hit Ctrl- to zoom out to 90% in order to see the while page.

I logged onto the application server and changed the settings in the Display tab
Resizable window --> Enable
Constrain aspect ratio --> Enable
Width = 1920
Height = 1080
Min W = 800
Min H = 600
Stretch contents of page to fit available area --> Enable
Maintain aspect ratio when stretching contents of page --> Enable

After changing these options I refreshed the Anywhere web page but nothing has changed. Is this an issue in the webpage or the VTScada Anywhere application?

Thanks.

I have a site Operator that primarily used the VTScada Anywhere web login to view a site. When viewing the site the pages are too large for the window. Right now they have to hit Ctrl- to zoom out to 90% in order to see the while page. I logged onto the application server and changed the settings in the Display tab Resizable window --> Enable Constrain aspect ratio --> Enable Width = 1920 Height = 1080 Min W = 800 Min H = 600 Stretch contents of page to fit available area --> Enable Maintain aspect ratio when stretching contents of page --> Enable After changing these options I refreshed the Anywhere web page but nothing has changed. Is this an issue in the webpage or the VTScada Anywhere application? Thanks.

It's best to do this using a Realm Display tag. It will allow you to make these changes while only affecting users using a particular platform; you can even make custom realms for users with different preferences. You can run the same app in several realms at one time.

It's best to do this using a Realm Display tag. It will allow you to make these changes while only affecting users using a particular platform; you can even make custom realms for users with different preferences. You can run the same app in several realms at one time.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

So I was able to get the screen to change with editing the parameters, the next issue is that no matter what I changed the sizing of the VTScada screen did not fit to the size of the web window. While the web window is at 100% the VTScada screen is ever so slightly zoomed in, and when I set the web window to 90% I am able to see everything.

In the settings of VTScada I can change every option for window size, ratio, or H/W but it does not solve the issue. Would the fix be somewhere inside the VTScada pages themselves?

Examples Below:

The first image is 100% and the second is 90%.
626181ccefd82
626181cd1c030

So I was able to get the screen to change with editing the parameters, the next issue is that no matter what I changed the sizing of the VTScada screen did not fit to the size of the web window. While the web window is at 100% the VTScada screen is ever so slightly zoomed in, and when I set the web window to 90% I am able to see everything. In the settings of VTScada I can change every option for window size, ratio, or H/W but it does not solve the issue. Would the fix be somewhere inside the VTScada pages themselves? Examples Below: The first image is 100% and the second is 90%. ![626181ccefd82](serve/attachment&path=626181ccefd82) ![626181cd1c030](serve/attachment&path=626181cd1c030)
edited Apr 21 '22 at 5:11 pm

I believe the issue is that the page is attempting to fit the content to the available canvas. Sometimes I will add a small line or something to the edge of a page and make it invisible to give the page more padding when content is being best fit. You can also look at the page properties to try defining a size for the page (or try it blank if there is already a definition).

I haven't noticed issues here in my apps lately but I will try messing around with some settings to see if I see something similar.

You can also try loading the content here to see if it renders correctly for you: https://vts.trihedral.com/waterdemo/3402a388-aaf3-42a5-aedd-2f00398d25a3/ANYWHERE/

User/Password: demo/demo

I believe the issue is that the page is attempting to fit the content to the available canvas. Sometimes I will add a small line or something to the edge of a page and make it invisible to give the page more padding when content is being best fit. You can also look at the page properties to try defining a size for the page (or try it blank if there is already a definition). I haven't noticed issues here in my apps lately but I will try messing around with some settings to see if I see something similar. You can also try loading the content here to see if it renders correctly for you: https://vts.trihedral.com/waterdemo/3402a388-aaf3-42a5-aedd-2f00398d25a3/ANYWHERE/ User/Password: demo/demo

Thanks for the information Dave,

I will try the invisible lines to push the content inwards and see how that turns out.

Just have to sort out the access to the Studio, currently it is running as a service and I cannot get into the editor.

Thanks for the information Dave, I will try the invisible lines to push the content inwards and see how that turns out. Just have to sort out the access to the Studio, currently it is running as a service and I cannot get into the editor.

If you are running a recent version of VTScdada, you should be able to load the Idea Studio if you log in using the VIC (Not the Anywhere or the MIC).Of course, you'll have to also ensure your credentials have access to the Idea Studio too.

If you are running a recent version of VTScdada, you should be able to load the Idea Studio if you log in using the VIC (Not the Anywhere or the MIC).Of course, you'll have to also ensure your credentials have access to the Idea Studio too.

It should be recent yes, I have a few ways to get to things but this is the hard part, I have the Anywhere that I can log into and see the pages, but not edit. Then I have two RDP access' but when I try and open VTScada I get a notification that VTS is running as a service on both remote access points, and I think it says I have to turn off the application on the host computer and restart, but as far as I know the RDP computers are the server computers.

Edit: Just checked and the VTScada version is 11.3.27 hopefully that is not the issue?

It should be recent yes, I have a few ways to get to things but this is the hard part, I have the Anywhere that I can log into and see the pages, but not edit. Then I have two RDP access' but when I try and open VTScada I get a notification that VTS is running as a service on both remote access points, and I think it says I have to turn off the application on the host computer and restart, but as far as I know the RDP computers are the server computers. Edit: Just checked and the VTScada version is 11.3.27 hopefully that is not the issue?
edited Apr 22 '22 at 8:38 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft