Support Forums
Shapes Options

Inside the studio there are the default shapes in the shape tab. When using these shapes I noticed that the only shapes with the options for Fill Pattern, Fill Pattern Color, Outline Line Width, and Outline Line Style (see image below) are only available on the Rounded Rectangle (the default 4 corner, and the default 2 corner) is there a way to get these options on the other shapes? It would be nice to have that came control on a circle or a triangle, or even a shape that I make using the line tool.

If I am missing an option to turn on that will enable this please let me know.

Thanks.6261925b8d402

Inside the studio there are the default shapes in the shape tab. When using these shapes I noticed that the only shapes with the options for Fill Pattern, Fill Pattern Color, Outline Line Width, and Outline Line Style (see image below) are only available on the Rounded Rectangle (the default 4 corner, and the default 2 corner) is there a way to get these options on the other shapes? It would be nice to have that came control on a circle or a triangle, or even a shape that I make using the line tool. If I am missing an option to turn on that will enable this please let me know. Thanks.![6261925b8d402](serve/attachment&path=6261925b8d402)

I can't explain why it isn't in the shape properties but I do think I have a workaround for you. With your shape selected, you should be able to add the fill and line styles right from the Idea Studio ribbon.

See Below:

62619f4702a67

I can't explain why it isn't in the shape properties but I do think I have a workaround for you. With your shape selected, you should be able to add the fill and line styles right from the Idea Studio ribbon. See Below: ![62619f4702a67](serve/attachment&path=62619f4702a67)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks for all the help Dave, that is very helpful!

It is good to see that once I have used the top ribbon the options show up in the properties of the shape. The only thing I could not find was the rounded corner option, but that is not too big of a deal to not have a rounded corner on a triangle, and if it is at least on the Rectangle then that is good.

Is there a way to get these options to show up by default? Something like drag them onto a page, edit them to add the option and then resave them into a panel?

Thanks for all the help Dave, that is very helpful! It is good to see that once I have used the top ribbon the options show up in the properties of the shape. The only thing I could not find was the rounded corner option, but that is not too big of a deal to not have a rounded corner on a triangle, and if it is at least on the Rectangle then that is good. Is there a way to get these options to show up by default? Something like drag them onto a page, edit them to add the option and then resave them into a panel?

Yes, of course smile

Here are the steps:

1. Just click the shape you have so that it is highlighted by the bounding box.
  2. Then CTRL+C to copy it.
  3. From there, right click the white space by the five point star and select new.
  4. Next select Code.
  5. Now, name your object and CTRL+V paste the code from your object into the space.
  6. Click Apply and OK.

6262ea96ada55

Does this meet your needs? Fun Fact, you can copy and paste any object in the idea studio as code in notepad or anywhere.

Yes, of course :) Here are the steps: 1. Just click the shape you have so that it is highlighted by the bounding box. 2. Then CTRL+C to copy it. 3. From there, right click the white space by the five point star and select new. 4. Next select Code. 6. Now, name your object and CTRL+V paste the code from your object into the space. 7. Click Apply and OK. ![6262ea96ada55](serve/attachment&path=6262ea96ada55) . . . . Does this meet your needs? Fun Fact, you can copy and paste any object in the idea studio as code in notepad or anywhere.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Apr 22 '22 at 6:50 pm

That is perfect! That will help a lot!

Thanks Dave.

That is perfect! That will help a lot! Thanks Dave.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft