Support Forums
Driver Value Code 273

I am receiving a value of 273 from the BACnet driver but within Wireshark capture I am getting no errors and can see the correct Value being returned.

Any idea why VTScada is giving out an error code of 273? The tag I created has no value which I am assuming since the driver is getting a value of 273 and not 0?

Here is what VTScada is showing:
6290026f65914

but here is the proper value coming back within wireshark:
6290031aa3097

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is really holding back a project proposal.

I am receiving a value of 273 from the BACnet driver but within Wireshark capture I am getting no errors and can see the correct Value being returned. Any idea why VTScada is giving out an error code of 273? The tag I created has no value which I am assuming since the driver is getting a value of 273 and not 0? Here is what VTScada is showing: ![6290026f65914](serve/attachment&path=6290026f65914) but here is the proper value coming back within wireshark: ![6290031aa3097](serve/attachment&path=6290031aa3097) Any help is greatly appreciated, this is really holding back a project proposal.

Error code 273 is related to routing. It means that the information returned in the header (NPDU) doesn't match the one requested by the driver. It's an additional check to prevent information from a different device in the network from reaching the incorrect driver, but it's possible that it was somehow misinterpreted.

For a correct diagnostic, we need a screenshot of the driver's Device tab, along with the contents of the NPDU group of the Wireshark trace.

Error code 273 is related to routing. It means that the information returned in the header (NPDU) doesn't match the one requested by the driver. It's an additional check to prevent information from a different device in the network from reaching the incorrect driver, but it's possible that it was somehow misinterpreted. For a correct diagnostic, we need a screenshot of the driver's Device tab, along with the contents of the NPDU group of the Wireshark trace.

Rod Tonietto Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi Rod,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I took a screenshot of both my UDP port settings as well as the BACnet driver settings. On the left is the UDP properties and on the right will be the BACnet Driver Properties. I do want to mention on the BACnet driver, after the Device IP address I entered a (:1) instead of (:4780smile because my device used a virtual BACnet MAC address of c0:a8:7f:04:00:01. I was not getting the proper responses within wireshark when I had left it at the default of :47808

6296b469530ae

Below is the screenshot of the NPDU group of the wireshark trace.
6296b5183f755

Hi Rod, Thank you very much for the reply. I took a screenshot of both my UDP port settings as well as the BACnet driver settings. On the left is the UDP properties and on the right will be the BACnet Driver Properties. I do want to mention on the BACnet driver, after the Device IP address I entered a (:1) instead of (:47808) because my device used a virtual BACnet MAC address of c0:a8:7f:04:00:01. I was not getting the proper responses within wireshark when I had left it at the default of :47808 ![6296b469530ae](serve/attachment&path=6296b469530ae) Below is the screenshot of the NPDU group of the wireshark trace. ![6296b5183f755](serve/attachment&path=6296b5183f755)

hello,

Any more suggestions that I can look into?

I reviewed the NPDU field as you mentioned and I do not see any issue as to why VTScada is giving an error. I compared the field with a working YABE Client and they are identical. I am not sure what else to look into at this point.

hello, Any more suggestions that I can look into? I reviewed the NPDU field as you mentioned and I do not see any issue as to why VTScada is giving an error. I compared the field with a working YABE Client and they are identical. I am not sure what else to look into at this point.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft