Support Forums
Virtual simulation lab with VTScada and Modbuspal

Hi all,

This whole OT/ICS world is pretty new to me but I am trying to pick it up and work my way through it, but just looking for a bit of help with something.

I am trying to set up a virtual lab to demo how easy it can be for a hacker to change values and mess with OT equipment if the network is not correctly secure. Originally this was just with getting remote access to a private computer running Modbuspal and changing the values in the holding register. Worked but was not that interesting for someone watching, so the next step is I found VTScada Light which lets me draw up some little diagrams to show for example a pump turning on and off via the computer running Modbuspal.

So at this stage that is all good, I can change Modbuspal coil values from 0 to 1 and the pump in VTScada changes to indicate it is now on. I am just having a hard time trying to work out a way to do a tank or something similar that I can change the levels of. I could follow the demo video they have showing it with their simulation data but I need this to be via mine so can manipulate it. Is this possible with Modbuspal and VTScada? Any help appreciated!

Here are screenshots from Modbuspal and VTScada to help give a better idea.
https://picbun.com/p/NmkKeeO3

Hi all, This whole OT/ICS world is pretty new to me but I am trying to pick it up and work my way through it, but just looking for a bit of help with something. I am trying to set up a virtual lab to demo how easy it can be for a hacker to change values and mess with OT equipment if the network is not correctly secure. Originally this was just with getting remote access to a private computer running Modbuspal and changing the values in the holding register. Worked but was not that interesting for someone watching, so the next step is I found VTScada Light which lets me draw up some little diagrams to show for example a pump turning on and off via the computer running Modbuspal. So at this stage that is all good, I can change Modbuspal coil values from 0 to 1 and the pump in VTScada changes to indicate it is now on. I am just having a hard time trying to work out a way to do a tank or something similar that I can change the levels of. I could follow the demo video they have showing it with their simulation data but I need this to be via mine so can manipulate it. Is this possible with Modbuspal and VTScada? Any help appreciated! Here are screenshots from Modbuspal and VTScada to help give a better idea. https://picbun.com/p/NmkKeeO3
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft