Support Forums
Failing to connect to OPC UA

Hello community,

I am tusing vtscada light 12.55 and i am failing to connect to a my PLC via an OPC UA server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hello community, I am tusing vtscada light 12.55 and i am failing to connect to a my PLC via an OPC UA server. Any help will be greatly appreciated

You'll need to explain your issue a bit more, failing to connect could occur for many reasons.

The OPC UA Client topic in the help file might help, see https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_OPCUA_Tag.htm

You'll need to explain your issue a bit more, failing to connect could occur for many reasons. The OPC UA Client topic in the help file might help, see https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_OPCUA_Tag.htm

Software Developer with Trihedral

Thanks for the reply Graham,

I don't have much information except that it a server with a user and passwrod to access it but i don't hav a certificate. The strange thing is it has worked on 2 other softwares i am currently using.

Thanks for the reply Graham, I don't have much information except that it a server with a user and passwrod to access it but i don't hav a certificate. The strange thing is it has worked on 2 other softwares i am currently using.

62b31c4ec8e23
62b31c4f5144a
This is what my screen looks like it would have been beneficial if i was gettin some error notifications as to why I am not getting any readings in the diagnostics page.

![62b31c4ec8e23](serve/attachment&path=62b31c4ec8e23) ![62b31c4f5144a](serve/attachment&path=62b31c4f5144a) This is what my screen looks like it would have been beneficial if i was gettin some error notifications as to why I am not getting any readings in the diagnostics page.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Drawing the Comms Stats widget for the OPC UA Client Driver gives some error info.

I can just see in the image of the tag browser that the driver error code is -10,060, this error code is a connection timeout which probably explains why you aren't seeing any diagnostic info.

I think this would be easier to handle if you contact Trihedral support where they can forward on things such as a Wireshark traffic capture to allow someone to investigate the issue.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Drawing the [Comms Stats](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/Dev_CommStatisticsButtonWidget.htm) widget for the OPC UA Client Driver gives some error info. I can just see in the image of the tag browser that the driver error code is -10,060, this error code is a connection timeout which probably explains why you aren't seeing any diagnostic info. I think this would be easier to handle if you contact Trihedral support where they can forward on things such as a Wireshark traffic capture to allow someone to investigate the issue.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft