Support Forums
Page code not updating when changed

Hello,

I am trying to open a page in Notepad++ and make edits to the code to change the page when displayed. I have been having a few issues with this.

1) When I edit the .src file and save the code and then open the page in VTScada it does not change. I will close the Idea Studio, close the file folder, or anything else that might have it open that could keep it from updating.

2) The help file says there is a .run file in the 'pages' folder. I cannot see any files in the folder with a .run file type

3) I tried adding the code lines:
CONSTANT HiddenPage = HPF_NOTINLISTS;
and
CONSTANT ExcludeFromTagSearch = TRUE;
into the variable declaration section of the code but I can still see it and open it in the Idea Studio.

4) the only way that seems to half work is if I save the page with a different name in another folder and then import it into VTScada. I can make changes but then other things are completely messed up that I did not change in the code.

Is there a way to make edits to the file that currently works and make simple little changes quickly and easily? I have not been able to get this to work smoothly and I need to edit pages that I have been locked out of the source code.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hello, I am trying to open a page in Notepad++ and make edits to the code to change the page when displayed. I have been having a few issues with this. 1) When I edit the .src file and save the code and then open the page in VTScada it does not change. I will close the Idea Studio, close the file folder, or anything else that might have it open that could keep it from updating. 2) The help file says there is a .run file in the 'pages' folder. I cannot see any files in the folder with a .run file type 3) I tried adding the code lines: **CONSTANT HiddenPage = HPF_NOTINLISTS;** and **CONSTANT ExcludeFromTagSearch = TRUE;** into the variable declaration section of the code but I can still see it and open it in the Idea Studio. 4) the only way that seems to half work is if I save the page with a different name in another folder and then import it into VTScada. I can make changes but then other things are completely messed up that I did not change in the code. Is there a way to make edits to the file that currently works and make simple little changes quickly and easily? I have not been able to get this to work smoothly and I need to edit pages that I have been locked out of the source code. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

You just need to click the import changes button for that application in the VAM. It looks like two arrows going in a circle (Click the image to see the full thing and note the last application in the list).
62b604faa3954

You just need to click the import changes button for that application in the VAM. It looks like two arrows going in a circle (Click the image to see the full thing and note the last application in the list). ![62b604faa3954](serve/attachment&path=62b604faa3954)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Jun 24 '22 at 7:41 pm

Hello @ArghDave ,

Thanks for the help, I would have never guessed that I needed to refresh the VAM since there was no mention of it on the "Working with Pages" section of the help document.

I have been trying to get the refresh to work but I think I might have done something to block it from working. I had a few versions saved in the folder so I opened them up in the idea studio and permanently deleted them. Once I had the working version left (version 10) I opened it and right clicked the tab at the bottom and changed the name back to the original page. This seemed to have caused some weird issues.

After trying to change the file and refresh a few times now I cannot see any pages in the idea studio and there are two versions in the file folder (version 10 and 11) Ill attach a picture below to show what I am currently seeing.
Version 11 was brand new, and on the last refresh a brand new dialog box appeared asking me if I wanted to load the version 11 page into the application, but then I don't see it in the Idea Studio to open it.

62b621cc31c06

EDIT: when I use a page hotbox widget for the widget that I am using to open the page I am seeing different pages and then an additional page.

62b622d0ddb05

Hello @ArghDave , Thanks for the help, I would have never guessed that I needed to refresh the VAM since there was no mention of it on the "Working with Pages" section of the help document. I have been trying to get the refresh to work but I think I might have done something to block it from working. I had a few versions saved in the folder so I opened them up in the idea studio and permanently deleted them. Once I had the working version left (version 10) I opened it and right clicked the tab at the bottom and changed the name back to the original page. This seemed to have caused some weird issues. After trying to change the file and refresh a few times now I cannot see any pages in the idea studio and there are two versions in the file folder (version 10 and 11) Ill attach a picture below to show what I am currently seeing. Version 11 was brand new, and on the last refresh a brand new dialog box appeared asking me if I wanted to load the version 11 page into the application, but then I don't see it in the Idea Studio to open it. ![62b621cc31c06](serve/attachment&path=62b621cc31c06) **EDIT:** when I use a page hotbox widget for the widget that I am using to open the page I am seeing different pages and then an additional page. ![62b622d0ddb05](serve/attachment&path=62b622d0ddb05)
edited Jun 24 '22 at 9:48 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft