General Discussions
Warning: The performance counter registry hive is corrupted.

This is a recent question to our support team:
I received a pop-up warning when trying to start VTScada. When I click OK, it starts the VTScada Application Manager (VAM). This is the warning. "The performance counter registry hive is corrupted. Some WorkstationStatus functions may not work. Click OK for next warning or Cancel to clear all warnings." Is there anything I need to worry about going forward?

p.s. Running VTScada 11.2.17 (64-bit) on Windows 7

Answer:
That error message is about an issue with Windows that can affect some functionality of VTScada. If you are using Workstation Status tags, you will have issues (some things won't return a value from them). Here is a post from the Microsoft Support forums on how to fix it:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yongrhee/2009/10/06/how-to-rebuild-performance-counters-on-windows-vistaserver20087server2008r2/

**This is a recent question to our support team:** I received a pop-up warning when trying to start VTScada. When I click OK, it starts the VTScada Application Manager (VAM). This is the warning. "The performance counter registry hive is corrupted. Some WorkstationStatus functions may not work. Click OK for next warning or Cancel to clear all warnings." Is there anything I need to worry about going forward? p.s. Running VTScada 11.2.17 (64-bit) on Windows 7 **Answer:** That error message is about an issue with Windows that can affect some functionality of VTScada. If you are using Workstation Status tags, you will have issues (some things won't return a value from them). Here is a post from the Microsoft Support forums on how to fix it: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yongrhee/2009/10/06/how-to-rebuild-performance-counters-on-windows-vistaserver20087server2008r2/
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft