Support Forums
mySQL connection

Hello, I am trying to connect mysql database to VTScada application.
First of all, is it possible to save to database values from plc through VTScada?
I want to save temperatures through time.

If yes, I haven't manage it yet. I have created a Realm and added my current application to the realm.
I created a VTS ODBC connection at System DSN. I test the connection and obviously it returns connection failure.
Where can I declare which database I want to connect to?
I did not find anything in the developer manual.

And after my connection is established, I need an SQL query driver to save data to database?
Does this driver supports UPDATE query?

Best regards

Hello, I am trying to connect mysql database to VTScada application. First of all, is it possible to save to database values from plc through VTScada? I want to save temperatures through time. If yes, I haven't manage it yet. I have created a Realm and added my current application to the realm. I created a VTS ODBC connection at System DSN. I test the connection and obviously it returns connection failure. Where can I declare which database I want to connect to? I did not find anything in the developer manual. And after my connection is established, I need an SQL query driver to save data to database? Does this driver supports UPDATE query? Best regards

Are you actually connected to the PLC and collecting data? If so, VTScada should already be collecting the data. VTScada also has the capability of using MySQL as an alternative database - see our help files for "Historian Data Storage Options".

The ODBC tools allow you to interface with VTScada and use SQL queries to get data directly from the VTScada application. If this is what you need to do, then you also need to run the "VTSODBCDriverInstall.EXE" utility on the computer that is making the connection. This should have been included with the full install zip file.

The Update query is not supported. This would be modifying recorded data in the VTScada database and this is not supported.

Are you actually connected to the PLC and collecting data? If so, VTScada should already be collecting the data. VTScada also has the capability of using MySQL as an alternative database - see our help files for "Historian Data Storage Options". The ODBC tools allow you to interface with VTScada and use SQL queries to get data directly from the VTScada application. If this is what you need to do, then you also need to run the "VTSODBCDriverInstall.EXE" utility on the computer that is making the connection. This should have been included with the full install zip file. The Update query is not supported. This would be modifying recorded data in the VTScada database and this is not supported.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft