Support Forums
Numeric Entry Textbox Clear contents on Focus

Is there any way to have the Numeric Entry Text box clear the contents of the entry box when the operator places the cursor in the box?

Currently, where ever the cursor is placed within the entry box that is where the cursor lands, so before the decimal ... after the decimal ... and with some operators at the helm they are not recognizing where the cursor lands and they just start typing the new value.

I would like when the numeric entry box has gained the cursor, that the contents of the entry box are either cleared or fully highlighted (similar to double clicking the entry box), then the operator would be able to immediately start typing the revised set point.

Select entry box-> type set point -> enter (to commit)

Is there any way to have the Numeric Entry Text box clear the contents of the entry box when the operator places the cursor in the box? Currently, where ever the cursor is placed within the entry box that is where the cursor lands, so before the decimal ... after the decimal ... and with some operators at the helm they are not recognizing where the cursor lands and they just start typing the new value. I would like when the numeric entry box has gained the cursor, that the contents of the entry box are either cleared or fully highlighted (similar to double clicking the entry box), then the operator would be able to immediately start typing the revised set point. Select entry box-> type set point -> enter (to commit)

I believe you could use a multi-write tag and a button to push the data from the box to the desired address. The nice part of the multi-write is that you can use it to erase the value from the box after it has been passed.

I believe you could use a multi-write tag and a button to push the data from the box to the desired address. The nice part of the multi-write is that you can use it to erase the value from the box after it has been passed.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I will pass it along to development, but I think this is default Windows behaviour. Normally, a double-click should highlight the contents of the box so the user would type and over-write everything. A single click puts it into edit mode. The behaviour would have to be an option on the widget itself. I think we would have just as many people wanting to be able to click and make changes...not just empty the box.

I will pass it along to development, but I think this is default Windows behaviour. Normally, a double-click should highlight the contents of the box so the user would type and over-write everything. A single click puts it into edit mode. The behaviour would have to be an option on the widget itself. I think we would have just as many people wanting to be able to click and make changes...not just empty the box.

Doug Spurrell

Yes, I believe that behavior would be ideal, where the operator would be able to single click and the entire contents of the box would be highlighted to allow a seamless numeric entry. We have some touch screen interfaces and while training the double click on a pc with a mouse is fairly easy, a double tap on the touch screen interface with hot dog fingers is not. smile

Yes, I believe that behavior would be ideal, where the operator would be able to single click and the entire contents of the box would be highlighted to allow a seamless numeric entry. We have some touch screen interfaces and while training the double click on a pc with a mouse is fairly easy, a double tap on the touch screen interface with hot dog fingers is not. (blush)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft