Support Forums
CIP/ENIP Driver Config

Hey everyone,

This seems like a simple problem, but I’m kind of beating my head against a wall here. I’m modifying an existing application on v11.3, which I believe doesn’t have the Allen Bradley CIP driver, so I’m stuck using the older CIP/ENIP driver. I have a direct Ethernet connection from the workstation to a new 5380 CompactLogix PLC, using port A2 (port A1 is being used as a separate IP address for a local Panelview). I set up a new TCP/IP Port driver with the PLC’s IP address and port (192.168.0.89:44818 ) and in the tag browser I get a Value of 0, which should mean connected if my previous VTScada experience is any indicator, and I can browse the PLC from the web browser if I punch in the IP address, but I’m unsure of how to configure the CIP/ENIP Device driver.

I modified an existing I/O tag to look at the new CIP/ENIP Device driver and adjusted the tag syntax from the SLC format (N12:11) to the CompactLogix format (N12[11], which exists in the new PLC).
I left the Port Segment Path as [1,0] but I can’t read any tags with it configured this way. Does the fact that I’m using port A2 on the PLC matter for this? I wouldn’t think so, given the fact that it’s on an entirely different subnet than A1, but I’m at a loss at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, This seems like a simple problem, but I’m kind of beating my head against a wall here. I’m modifying an existing application on v11.3, which I believe doesn’t have the Allen Bradley CIP driver, so I’m stuck using the older CIP/ENIP driver. I have a direct Ethernet connection from the workstation to a new 5380 CompactLogix PLC, using port A2 (port A1 is being used as a separate IP address for a local Panelview). I set up a new TCP/IP Port driver with the PLC’s IP address and port (192.168.0.89:44818 ) and in the tag browser I get a Value of 0, which should mean connected if my previous VTScada experience is any indicator, and I can browse the PLC from the web browser if I punch in the IP address, but I’m unsure of how to configure the CIP/ENIP Device driver. I modified an existing I/O tag to look at the new CIP/ENIP Device driver and adjusted the tag syntax from the SLC format (N12:11) to the CompactLogix format (N12[11], which exists in the new PLC). I left the Port Segment Path as [1,0] but I can’t read any tags with it configured this way. Does the fact that I’m using port A2 on the PLC matter for this? I wouldn’t think so, given the fact that it’s on an entirely different subnet than A1, but I’m at a loss at this point. Thanks in advance!

I’ll give this a try in the morning and report back, thank you!

I’ll give this a try in the morning and report back, thank you!

Happy to report that using [] for the path worked, thanks Michael!

Happy to report that using [] for the path worked, thanks Michael!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft