General Discussions
Pre scaled analog values

So the system I’m currently working on is already providing me scaled data coming out of the flow computer. This is also in conjunction to the scaling of the raw data at the PLC level for my other analog instruments.

What is the best way to make sure I’m setting up my analog status tags properly so I’m getting the right historical data recording and displaying my data properly?

So the system I’m currently working on is already providing me scaled data coming out of the flow computer. This is also in conjunction to the scaling of the raw data at the PLC level for my other analog instruments. What is the best way to make sure I’m setting up my analog status tags properly so I’m getting the right historical data recording and displaying my data properly?

If your data is already scaled, be sure to understand the data type you are looking for (Probably a float) and include that as a suffix on your I/O addresses. More on that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

As for scaling, just set your unscaled values to be the range of your data and your scaled values to be the same so they are 1:1 scaling. ie: Temperature Probe may be:
Unscaled Min: -40
Unscaled Max: 120
Scaled Min: -40
Scaled Max: 120

Your I/O address might look something like 40001/Float

If your data is already scaled, be sure to understand the data type you are looking for (Probably a float) and include that as a suffix on your I/O addresses. More on that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm As for scaling, just set your unscaled values to be the range of your data and your scaled values to be the same so they are 1:1 scaling. ie: Temperature Probe may be: Unscaled Min: -40 Unscaled Max: 120 Scaled Min: -40 Scaled Max: 120 Your I/O address might look something like 40001/Float

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft